Space for Grace grows and equips our campus as God builds His church. Our efforts focus on adding classroom space for children on Sunday mornings, youth on Sunday night and adults on Sunday, as well other activities during the week. We are optimizing the office so that the Grace staff and volunteers have room to work and interact with the community. The increased growth impacts the available parking which is also part of our expansion program.
- Children’s space is at capacity during the second service.
- Special needs individuals on Sunday need increased space to provide quiet spaces when needed, which we do not have today during both services.
- Adult space for adult ministries has been affected in more subtle ways. We are no longer able to offer an adult LifeGroup during second service.
- Parking is also an issue, as our parking lot fills up every Sunday and requires a lot of parking in a dirt lot behind the main campus. With this proposal, we would nearly double the parking spots into this lot, as well as provide solar covered parking to generate power for the campus and be more environmentally friendly.
- During the week the variety of ministries has expanded. Our ability to offer space for community groups or new ministries is decreasing. Grace is a beehive of activity, every day of the week! Here are examples of ministries that currently share our limited number of classrooms:
- Youth & Children: Young Life, Confirmation course and The Blender;
- Getting Connected: Alpha, Joyful Seniors, Grace Undercover Book Club;
- Adults: Men’s and Women's Bible Studies, HopeSpring, GriefShare, DivorceCare, Friday Night Life;
- Service Opportunities: Open Prayer, Prayer Shawl Group, Grace Quilts and Catalysts for Freedom;
- Special Events: Youth Mark520, Easter week and Vacation Bible School.
It’s All about God!
- While we look at the community that God has created at Grace, we see that He is at work and that will inevitably bring change.
- As we strive to be a body in which Christ is made known and lives are changed, we will be a beacon to a city lost without His love.
- If we are living into our vision, our body will continue to grow.
- All of the decisions we make as a community to individually and corporately reach people for Christ will lead to more people at Grace Community, and we must have an intentional plan for that growth.
- One of our values and strengths at Grace is authentic community. We choose to be a welcoming church and intentionally seek to reach people for Christ, because our highest value is on being a church that prioritizes Christ's Great Commission.
Status update: 30 November 2018
- As of today, we have received $821,054 in cash & pledges. With some additional church funds allocated to Space for Grace, that brings the total to cash & pledges to $894,194!
- We have received 100% of the needed $820K in cash & pledges to build Phase 1 (added classrooms, cry room in sanctuary, storage space). To begin construction we needed the full amount pledged and also have 1/3 of the funds received ($273K). Currently we have 100% of that amount received, so we are clear to start the construction of Phase 1.
- We have received 26% of the extra needed $280K in cash & pledges to build Phase 2 (prayer room, pastors' offices, multipurpose room & family bathroom). To be able to build Phase 2, $205,806 in cash or pledges are still needed.
- We have not received any of the extra needed $300K in cash & pledges to build Phase 3 (parking lot repair & expansion, kitchen expansion, sanctuary upgrades).
- In early April, 50 families among the leadership of Grace stepped up to give sacrificially toward the campaign, offering pledges to get us 45% of the way to the goal of $1.4 million, an average of $349/month per family.
- Thus far a total 98 families (or giving units) have made pledges to Space for Grace, an average of $228/month per family.
- There has been $25,329.59 given outside of pledges.
- During the celebration service on April 29, some of Grace's kids handed Pastor Dave a check for $150.59 that they had raised through a coin collection machine and a little campaign they had done together they called "Change for Change." The children have collected a total of $167.00.
- The Blender youth group raised $340 selling Grace t-shirts and raised $814 putting on a Mystery Dinner, for a total of $1,154 for Space for Grace.
- If you have yet to complete your Space for Grace commitment and give your first fruits gift, we would love to hear from you! Extra commitment cards in the church office, or at the Guest Services Center on Sundays, upon request. Please consider picking up a card, filling it out, and then either place it in the offering place or drop it off at the office in the next couple of weeks. Thank you!