Movies tell great stories. And we love good stories — stories that can thrill us, inspire us and keep us coming back again and again. Stories become powerful when we find ourselves connecting with the key characters: the conflict, the struggle, the search for significance, the search for answers. It's because the character's story is often our story.
Hollywood is great at telling stories. Sometimes they depict truth as it really is; at other times Hollywood blockbusters couldn’t be further from the truth.
Join us this summer as we launch our own blockbuster quest and look for God’s truth around some of the more important issues of our day. We will see film clips and dive into God’s Word to distinguish real life from “reel” life!
- July 1 — Living Strong & Couragous (The Green Lantern)
- July 8 — The Right Response to Hate (Freedom Writers)
- July 15 — The Quest for Eternal Life (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)
- July 22 — Our True Source of Identity (The Bourne Identity)
- July 29 — Discovering True Love (Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 1)
- Aug. 5 — Living God’s Plan for Your Life (Amazing Grace)