What does it mean to truly live?
Long ago, a young preacher named Timothy* was instructed to teach his church how they might “take hold of the life that is truly life”. Sounds intriguing … but how? The answer was a generous life!
Every follower of Jesus has this God-inspired desire for a generous life, a life tailored around His example of selflessness and sacrifice. Every follower of Jesus has this God-inspired desire for a generous life, a life tailored around His example of selflessness and sacrifice. It becomes part of who we are! Our journeys toward Christ are filled with growth and movement, learning to live generously.
Yet we live in a world where the pull of culture and our own selfishness conspire against us, compelling us to live lives focused on ourselves. We need reminders along the way to keep our focus outward rather than inward, being generous with our time, talents, and treasures.
Join us as we learn from Scripture a few principles that will free us all to truly live … live a generous life!
- Oct. 12: God Goes for Broke — 2 Corinthians 8:7-9
- Oct. 19: When Barns Get too Big — Luke 12:13-21
- Oct. 26: Make a Plan — 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
- Nov. 2: A Word to the Wealthy — 1 Timothy 6:17-19*
- Nov. 9: Celebrating Generosity — 2 Corinthians 9:10-15
- Nov. 16: What Defines You? — Mark 1:16-20 (one extra week, with Pastor Chris!)