God Came Near - Advent teaching series
Thousands of years ago, God had a crazy idea.
He decided to take a small, seemingly insignificant rock ball in a corner of a vast, infinite universe and fill it with life — and not just any life, but human life, each one uniquely made, yet all made in His image and likeness. These humans also would be unique because they would have the capacity to know and choose to love God back — or reject Him.
It was a crazy idea, yet one motivated by love.
In the beginning, God created the perfect environment for us to love and be in relationship with Him, and we rejected it. He then gave His Law to show us how to live in His abundance and blessing, and we rejected that too. He sent prophets to plead with His people to love and follow Him, but once again, God’s appeals were rejected. Still, He refused to give up.
Today God guides and lives within each person who chooses to love Him, but the climax of God’s story with humanity is Christmas. On that day 2,000 years ago, God displayed His love for us in the most ultimate way. By coming near to us on earth as a man (Jesus), God made a way for anyone wanting to love Him to be in relationship with Him, forever.
Join us as we trace the storyline of the Bible and see how our story has always been driven by God — in love.
- 12/2: God’s Plan in the Beginning (Genesis 2-3)
- 12/9: God’s Design in the Law (Deuteronomy 30)
- 12/16: God’s Heart in the Prophets (Hosea 11)
- 12/23: God’s Appeal to Mary (Luke 1:31-33, 1 Peter 1:23)
- 12/24: God’s Son in a Manger (Luke 2:1-20, Isaiah 9:1-7) (services @5pm & 7pm)
- 12/30: God’s Power through the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23,25) (G-City: 1 service, 9am)